Tuesday, September 11, 2007

In the mail

I finished up "Holley with an E", my sequel to "The Witch of Waxahachie" and dropped it in the mail yesterday. It's one of my few stories to come in as a novellette - the final product was 8,100 words. "Ed Sullivan Show Magic", another story in the same story arc, is at another magazine right now.

I'm pondering which story outline I need to work on now, but "The Dragon of Dallas" may be moving up in the line. I have some previously written material - which arose from the conceit of what it would be like if a high school athletic team who had a dragon as a mascot had a REAL dragon on the sidelines - that may provide a hook.

With both the publication of "The Witch of Waxahachie" and the Nebula Awards weekend - in Austin - happening in April, I'm trying to get as many stories lined up to peddle.

I dropped my quarterly entry for the Writers of the Future Contest in the mail today.

A conversation today reminded me of how far away from my hometown I have wandered to live, and how - although I wouldn't have thought it way back when, when I was a kid - how much I miss it. Sometimes I get real nostalgic. Thus this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...