Monday, January 01, 2007

My New Year's resolutions

It's trite, but my goal is to lose weight.

After many years of slowly losing weight because of Type II diabetes, I've finally got it under control to the degree that my weight has begun to go up again. My medicine is so good that I get better nutrition from my meals, plus my appetite's increased.

I lost 80 pounds between 1995 and 2004 (this is probably not typical of most Type II diabetics).

So I've begun to make some diet and lifestyle adjustments. The good news is, I'm feeling pretty good.

As far as the genre is concerned, I guess my goal is to get back in my old best groove and write at the Bradbury-esque pace of a story a week (I've done that in the past).

Because of job and other various concerns, I really didn't write anything new in the last quarter of 2005, and I've got a heap of story ideas piled up. Time to whip them into shape and move them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...