Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The rocket flies again

I had another opportunity to read "A Rocket for the Republic". The New Boston Noon Lions Club asked me to be the guest speaker for their meeting today.
The older brother of the program chairman for the month is a comic book/graphic novel artist who lives here in New Boston. He know about my writing and I got "volunteered" by some friends.
Things started slow because I had to start while the meal was being served, but by the time I was finished everyone who had been listening enjoyed it - and those who hadn't listened at the beginning were completely bumfuzzled because they couldn't follow the story.
I also brought some books that were passed through the audience while I spoke, including the "Lone Star Universe" anthology, "A Spectre is Haunting Texas" by Fritz Leiber, "The Texas-Israeli War" by Howard Waldrop and Jack Saunders, "Lone Star Planet" by H. Beam Piper, and the three Texas books by Daniel daCruz - "The Ayes of Texas", "Texas on the Rocks" and "Texas Triumphant".
It was another nice opportunity to share the story, and a few of the members took a moment to tell me afterwards how much they enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...