Saturday, October 01, 2005

Flown Home

Gordon returned "The Witch of Waxahachie." He said he likd the spirit of the story, but it didn't work for him overall. I'll send it to Sheila next.

Sheila also sent back "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" this week. She also had good things to say. It'll go to Gordon next.

I had a first today. Zoetrope sent back "The Silver Dollar Saucer" without any kind of cover letter at all.

My summer cold has returned, and I've had a few days this week where it's been real hard to work. I'm probably getting run down because of the extra work having to cover for the employee out on sick leave. What can you do?

Thursday I was so shaky I almost fell over a number of times, and at one point I used a walking stick to get in and out of may car. No way I can take a sick day, with one person already out sick.

The speculative literatur foundation had a traveling grand application due the 30th, but it's all I have been able to do tom keep up with my normal work, so I had to let that slide

Other things are also piling up to sap my strength and time. Solace has figured out to how to escape from the yard, but I didn't have the time to fix the fence Friday. There are days I can't do any yard work because I leave before dark and come home after dark.

I bought some t-posts to fix the bottom of the fence, but I don't have a sldegehammer - I'll have to borrow one from a neighbor. In the meantime he is staying in a kennel indoors and being taken for walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...