Saturday, April 23, 2005

I Help in a Manhunt

Haven't done much writing the past few days. We have a big project at the office deadlining today - Saturday - for next Thursday's paper. In fact, I have to work on Saturday.
Yesterday (Friday) I worked from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. with only a lunch break. I worked from 8 a.m. until 6 at the office and then had to go straight to a softball game.
I dropped "The Man Who Ran" in the mail to "Realms of Fantasy" I've never sent them anything before, but the story was sitting around and it occurred to me it would probably be considered fantasy by most people - so what the heck?
Always looking for new markets.
Joke of the Day:
I helped capture an escaped mental patient yesterday. I was driving in town when I heard on KMOO that a "mentally challenged" adult had walked through an open gate at a state hospital and was wandering Wood County.
I called the sheriff's department down in Quitman and told them, "I can help you catch the guy. Meet me in Brookshire's in 10 minutes."
When I went into Brookshire's, I told the deputies, "Just wait a minute and keep your eyes open."
I walked into the Express Lane aisle. As soon as I moved towards the counter, a drooling moron ran ahead of me and got in line.
"That's him!" the deputies cried. They quickly grabbed him and put him in an ambulance to go back to the state hospital.
"How did you know he was in the grocery store?" one of the deputies asked me as the ambulance sped off.
"It was easy," I said. "Every time I get in the Express Lane at the supermarket I always find the biggest idiot possible is always right in front of me.
"So I knew if I walked up, 'poof'! He was sure to appear."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...