Thursday, February 17, 2005

I've sold my first YA story.

Today marks another first. I sold my first YA story. I heard back from a magazine called "Beyond Centauri".

The editor wrote:

"Regarding 'The Honor Of The Blue Devil Patrol'... this story is well-written, interesting, suitable for younger readers, and about as politically incorrect as it is possible for a science fiction story for younger readers to be. So I'll accept it."

The story is tentatively slated to run in July (in which case it would hit about the same time as my story at ASIM). The editor also said he might use it in an annual anthology.

Other recent developments: Got two rejections, from Futurismic and ASIM (the story made the first cut but flopped on the 2nd). Ultraverse may be interested in a rewrite.

I wrote 4,000 words on my latest story last week, but I haven't been able to get back to it because of pressing job and family duties. I need to finish the first draft before it cools down completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...