Sunday, September 29, 2019

More Fencon loot

This is my second post about books I brought back from Fencon:

When I was young - like in my 20s - Randall Garrett's Lord Darcy stories were among my favorites. I really enjoyed them and was disappointed when he was struck down in 1979 and spent the rest of his life in a coma. I wished he had had time to write more.

At Fencon I found FIVE Lord Darcy books. I already have Murder and Magic, and Lord Darcy Investigates. I also bought the two Michael Kurland books, which I knew of, and the 2004 collection edited by Eric Flint, which I had never seen before.

I bought all five for a hefty five bucks! Best deal of the weekend!

NB: Anyone who has ever read my story "The Witch of Waxahachie" that was published in Jim Baen's Universe in 2008 can easily see Garrett's influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...