Saturday, May 18, 2019

Anniversary dining

I didn't mention it earlier, but Wednesday was our 20th wedding anniversary. Patricia and I were married May 15, 1999.

Wednesday being deadline day - and right in the middle of the week - we didn't do anything then, but instead we thought we'd drive to Texarkana today and have lunch at The Red Lobster.

There was already a storm underway, but we've had so much rain in recent months I've decided to stop letting the crappy weather dictate my life. So we left anyway.

As we crossed over from Red River to Bowie County, the rain got so intense that I said to Patricia, "I don't think we are going to make it. It's just too much."

Instead, we stopped in DeKalb and had lunch at The Front Street Junction. I had a 16 oz. ribeye, and she had an 8 oz. sirloin.

I wasn't what we planned, but it turned our OK. Afterwards the rain was less intense and we made our way back to Clarksville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...