Saturday, July 07, 2018

Cool canines

I have a small building behind the house where I keep my books, some furniture and the dog kennels. Because of its primary use, we call it The Library.

I have a lot of books, and for almost ten years I kept many boxes of them in astorage shed behind the last house where we lived. At the end of 2016, when we moved to Clarksville, when I went to move those boxes, I realized I had made a mistake. Being dark and undisturbed for so many years, cockroaches had got into a number of them.

After the cleanup, I resolved to not store books like that again, and so I have lined the walls of The Library with them.

The building is at the rear of the brick patio behind our house. The wooden carport is attached. It's leaning a bit with age, so I suppose The Library building may be helping to prop up the carport.

The Library does have electricity, so there is a refrigerator in there as well as a microwave. But when we bought the house the window for the air conditioning was empty.

Today Patricia and I saw a 5,000 BTU air conditioner for sale for a good price at the Walmart in Paris, so we bought it. I installed it and it is cooling the building down.

I think the pups will be pleasantly surprised when they go to bed tonight.

1 comment:

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...