Sunday, February 26, 2017
So far, the reviews of "Another Girl, Another Planet" at Amazon have been very positive, two four stars and one five star.
Buy this book! It's lots of fun!
Bybrendan f kellyon February 10, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Really fun book. Reminds me a lot of the early Heinlein stories. Part thriller, part mystery, part space opera it was the best read I've had in a long time. The universe it is set in is incredibly compelling (despite a nit pick or two), and it is a TREMENDOUSLY fun read. I was actually late to my doctor appointment because I literally could not put it down. I'm really hopeful there will be a sequel because I really enjoyed it.
I gave it four stars because there are a couple of spots that I found a little unbelievable (in regards to characters not plot). That being said, when Mr. Antonelli is on, he is ON. There are some action sequences that are really great, and some of sad parts are really moving. Well worth the money, definitely a fun, interesting, and compelling read.
Don't be put off by the title. Well worth the read!
ByKen of NJon February 22, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
So many stories these days are derivative; this one isn't. I don't often give five stars but this novel truly deserves it. It is a unique SciFi mystery with a twist. Well written (a few editing errors but they didn't interfere with immersion), interesting and intriguing, the story presents androids in an interesting light. In tone, the story reminded me of some of the best by Heinlein or Clarke. Give it a try...you won't be sorry.
Different Kind of Cold War
ByRichard C. Kruegeron February 25, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
A nicely done, thoroughly enjoyable alternate history adventure, unfolding from a clever premise. Antonelli does a fine job spinning this well-wrought tale. Rather than focus on "the human predicament," he focuses on the characters' common humanity (or perhaps I should say "personhood") to deliver an emotional payoff with lots of impact. It's definitely fun for fans of space opera, "competent engineer" stories, and Golden Age fans, but I think it has broader appeal as well.
Posted by Lou Antonelli at 9:35 AM
Lou Antonelli fiction archived online
- "Ad Valorem" - Omni Reboot
- "Bindlestiff's Daughter" - The Lorelei Signal
- "The Return of Alfred Bester" - International Speculative Fiction
- "Double Exposure" - Daily Science Fiction
- "Great White Ship" - Daily Science Fiction
- "The Centurion and the Rainman" - Buzzy Mag
- "The Goddess of Bleecker Street" - Kalkion
- "Irredenta" - World SF Blog
- "Ghost Writer" - Flashes in the Dark
- "Avatar" - Darker Matter
- "Black Hats and Blackberrys" Bewildering Stories
- "Pen Pal" - Revolution SF
- "I Got You" - Bewildering Stories
- "Big Girl" - Ultraverse
- "S.P.P.A.M." - Bewildering Stories
- "Silence is Golden" - Revolution SF
- "Fermi's Fraternity" - Planetary Stories
- "The Rocket-Powered Cat" - Revolution SF
- "Video Killed the Radio Star" - Apehelion
- "Silvern" - Revolution SF
- "The Clock Struck None" - True Review
- "The Clock Struck None" - Analog
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Missions Unknown
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Jayme Blaschke's Gibberish
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Amazon
- "Dispatches from The Troubles" - SF Revu
- "Dispatches from The Troubles" - SF Site
- "Fantastic Texas" - Serial Distractions
- "Fantastic Texas" - Tangent Online
- "Professor Malakoff's Amazing Ethereal Telegraph" - Tangent online
- "The Witch of Waxahachie' - April 2008 - SF Signal
- "The Witch of Waxahachie" - April 2008 - Spiral Galaxy
- The spin rack is STILL coming back
- A dilemma
- Amazon reviews
- Look what arrived today!
- When the wait is worth it
- On the road again
- The Lost Cosmonauts...
- A possibility regained?
- What I wrote in 2016
- Random Sunday thought
- First review of "Another Girl, Another Planet" has...
- "Burning Churchill"
- 2016 publications
- Attending Dragoncon
- WORDFIRE PRESS PUBLISHES LOU ANTONELLI ALTERNATE H...
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2016 (89)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (152)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (173)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (184)
- ► 2009 (190)
- ► 2008 (150)
- ► 2007 (77)
- ► 2006 (100)
- ► 2005 (131)
The content of this web site is subject to the following creative commons license: Click here for the fine print