Wednesday, March 23, 2016

How the Creative Process Starts For Me

Whenever I get an idea for a potential short story, I will jot a note down as a reminder. These notes might be made in any number of places. Every so often I gather up these notes and read them over. If I can't remember the story idea from the title I jotted down, I discard it. It has to have been good enough for me to remember from the title.

Once a year I take my typewriter and type up these notes in one neat list. This makes up a list of story ideas I can refer to in the coming months. I updated my list this morning, discarding stories that have been written up and adding new titles.

Anyway, this is how the process works for me. As the saying goes, your mileage may vary. To show what I mean, I scanned the page:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...