Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Return of the Brute Squad

Had a funny exchange yesterday at the supermarket.

The cashier looked at me, and said, "You look like somebody. You look familiar."

I said, "I look like a lot of old guys with a beard."

She said. "No, you look like Lou Antonelli."

"I AM Lou Antonelli!"

She started laughing. "I should have looked at your credit card signature!"

We both had a good laugh.

I told my wife later, "The way I answered, I think I sounded like Andre the Giant in 'The Princess Bride'."

1 comment:

  1. I've been seeing a lot of old guys with beards around lately that look like you. Must be something in the water.

    ReplyDelete

Doing it right this time

A couple of years ago, I had what I thought was a good idea at the time and suggested two works for a list of Hugo recommendations being com...