Thursday, June 25, 2015

Off to Oklahoma City

Patricia and I will be driving to Oklahoma City tomorrow to attend SoonerCon. Then next week I will have my summer vacation - the first vacation I've had since 2013.

Last year I had two weeks' paid vacation cancelled when the newspaper I worked at was sold and the new owners said as far as they were concerned I was a new employee and I had to work a year before I had any vacation time. That's why I was unable to attend LonCon in August.

I worked seven years under the previous owners but "Poof!" - My vacation evaporated. I'm as much in favor of private enterprise as anyone, but it's these little cheats from greedy corporations that turn people against business.

However, korporate karma can be brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...