Since I've spent the first four months of the year writing my novel, I thought it was about time to get back to writing short fiction. I banged out my first new story of 2015 yesterday.
And I've already sold it - 1,800 words to a respectable semi-pro magazine that pays five cents a word.
The most amazing part is the elapsed time from when I started writing to acceptance:
Now a few points:
1. I do write fast. That's a virtue I acquired from being a journalist. The actual writing took an hour and a half.
2. I am a pantser, and I tend to write in bursts of inspiration.
3. 1,800 words is not very long, and easy enough to proof and check quickly.
4. I had a particular market in mind as soon as I sat down to write.
5. Electronic submissions DO speed up the process.
Still, I even impressed myself.
The new printer was delivered to the Clarksville Times office today, and we got it up and running. We were able to print mailing labels - th...
Over a week ago I posted information which I believed to be correct at the time, to the effect that an on-line presence named Camestros Fela...
Here it is: 2017 Dragon Con Awards This ballot must be submitted by Tuesday, August 29th, 11:59 EDT (UTC -4) 1. Best Science Fiction ...
Last Saturday, as part of the Red River County Historical Society's annual Fall Bazaar, the Red River County Public Library hosted a h...