Since I've spent the first four months of the year writing my novel, I thought it was about time to get back to writing short fiction. I banged out my first new story of 2015 yesterday.
And I've already sold it - 1,800 words to a respectable semi-pro magazine that pays five cents a word.
The most amazing part is the elapsed time from when I started writing to acceptance:
Now a few points:
1. I do write fast. That's a virtue I acquired from being a journalist. The actual writing took an hour and a half.
2. I am a pantser, and I tend to write in bursts of inspiration.
3. 1,800 words is not very long, and easy enough to proof and check quickly.
4. I had a particular market in mind as soon as I sat down to write.
5. Electronic submissions DO speed up the process.
Still, I even impressed myself.
I have a writing shed behind our house, We call it The Library because that's where all my books are shelved. It is also home for our...
Over a week ago I posted information which I believed to be correct at the time, to the effect that an on-line presence named Camestros Fela...
If you are planning to go to LibertyCon this year, here is my schedule: Fri 04:00PM The Planetary Anthology Roundtable Fri 05:00PM Openin...
Here it is: 2017 Dragon Con Awards This ballot must be submitted by Tuesday, August 29th, 11:59 EDT (UTC -4) 1. Best Science Fiction ...