1. He is a first generation American; both his parents were born in Italy.
2. His mother was an eyewitness to the display of Benito Mussolini's body in Milan at the end of World War II.
3. His mother's maiden name is Savini; he is a second cousin of the famous motion picture special effects make-up artist Tom Savini.
4. He always carries a silver dollar for good luck..
5. As a result of holding elected public office, he could claim the title "Honorable". But as a result of a special appointment to a condemnation court in Dallas County in 1998 (which adjudicates eminent domain damages), he could also be called "Judge".
6. He ran for Congress when he was 25.
7. He cannot snap his fingers, apparently because of a peculiarity in the shape of his thumb.
8. He attended his first science fiction convention when he was 46 years old.
9. He met Barack Obama at Columbia University in 1983
10. That same year - a blogger asserts - a rally in protest of the Soviet downing of KAL Flight 007 that he helped organize made Obama cry in frustration.
Monday, December 15, 2014
By Tom Rogneby Lou Antonelli has gathered together a number of his short stories and published them as In the Shadow of the Cross. Over ...
Over a week ago I posted information which I believed to be correct at the time, to the effect that an on-line presence named Camestros Fela...
Here it is: 2017 Dragon Con Awards This ballot must be submitted by Tuesday, August 29th, 11:59 EDT (UTC -4) 1. Best Science Fiction ...
Patricia and I will be gone Friday and Saturday to the North and East Texas Press Association's annual convention in Granbury, Texas. Th...