Here is the latest version of what I've committed to attend or do:
* Volunteer at SFWA table in dealers room 11:00 – 12:00
* Panel: Steampunk: Trend or Genre? - 13:00 - 14:00: Steampunk emerged from SF, quietly at first, and then gathering momentum and breadth. It now spans written fiction, graphic, costuming, and other areas. It's become large enough that it's recognized by the world at large. Is Steampunk its own genre? Can you define it? What works in a story? Is it a trend that spans genres? Or does it matter? Lou Antonelli (Moderator), Gail Carriger, Jess Nevins
* Panel: How to Build a Successful Book Launch Campaign - Friday 20:00 - 21:00: Gabrielle de Cuir (Moderator), Thomas Olde Heuvelt, Lou Antonelli, Gail Carriger, Gini Koch
* SFWA Business Meeting Saturday 10:00 – 12:00
* Sidewise Award for Alternate History Saturday 12:00 - 13:00
* SF Signal meet-up in food court Saturday 13:00 -14:00
* Stroll with the Stars Sunday - Alamo edition Sunday 09:00 - 10:00: The Sunday Stroll with the Stars will head towards the Alamo, a few short blocks away. It will be led by Alamo aficionado and LoneStarCon 3 Chair Randall Shepherd. Meet Randy in the lobby of the Marriott Rivercenter for his personal tour of this famous Texas garrison. Visiting the Alamo is free; note that you will not be able to take photos inside parts of the Alamo. Kay Kenyon, David Brin, Bobbie DuFault, Lezli Robyn, Janet Harriett, Carolina Gómez Lagerlöf, Lou Antonelli, Charles Radley, Janet Freeman-Daily, Sheila Williams, Genese Davis.
* Panel: Fiction about Real Politics and How Writers Get It Wrong - Sunday 11:00 - 12:00: David Nickle (Moderator), Teresa Nielsen Hayden, Gregory A. Wilson, Lou Antonelli, Madeline Ashby
* Philosophy and Science Fiction Sunday 16:00 - 17:00: Science, from warp drives to lasers, is an important element in the genre but science fiction has also been a place to examine philosophical viewpoints. From the use of Star Trek to raise questions of racial equality to Asimov's laws of robotics and ethical questions about machines, philosophical issues are intrinsic to science fiction and fantasy. Our panelists look at some of the more interesting philosophical questions in the genre. C. J. Mills (Moderator), Mark L. Van Name, Madeline Ashby, Lou Antonelli, Steven Diamond
I haven't posted much this past week. We've had a crisis at the newspaper. When Patricia and I bought it at the start of the year, w...
Over a week ago I posted information which I believed to be correct at the time, to the effect that an on-line presence named Camestros Fela...
Here it is: 2017 Dragon Con Awards This ballot must be submitted by Tuesday, August 29th, 11:59 EDT (UTC -4) 1. Best Science Fiction ...
Last Saturday, as part of the Red River County Historical Society's annual Fall Bazaar, the Red River County Public Library hosted a h...