Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Progress

I hooked up the external floppy drive, and it works great. My old backup files are mostly Plain Text or old versions of Word, but I also have a number of backups in Pagemaker 5.0 Pagemaker and Wordperfect files and also Word Perfect. I have the setup disks for both programs, but they won't run on the current version of Windows. However, I also have the disks for Windows 3.1, so I may very well install that so I can run the old versions of them.

All my hard copy submissions up 2005 or thereabouts were done in Pagemaker. I know that might sound difficult to some people, but I used Pagemaker from 1995 to 2001 when I ran my own newspaper, so when I started writing stories in 2002 I just naturally used Pagemaker. I segued to Word in the middle of the last decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...