Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Great White Ship

The Elite Eight in the Daily Science Fiction Spring Bracket Madness has started, and in the first round my story "Great White Ship" advanced, so I'm in the Final Four. Hooray.

I haven't posted here in a week. With the DFW Writers Conference coming up, I spent last week editing my book-length version of "The Witch of Waxahachie" because I had a chance to pitch it to an editor.

Saturday morning I got ten minutes to pitch it to Lou Anders, who made a lot of helpful observations and basically set me on the right path. Although I have been writing short stories for ten years now, this was my first time to ever formally pitch a book to an editor.

Anders suggested I needed to attend his Sunday morning class on "Screen Writing for Authors" and he was right; I see I have most of the pieces already for a good book, but it needs a better structure and some reorganization. I know what I have to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...