Monday, November 19, 2012
"Raygun Chronicles: Space Opera For a New Age"
Some information worth republishing, from Bryan Thomas Schmidt's web site, that was posted Sunday:
Here’s the scoop on my latest anthology project:
Raygun Chronicles: Space Opera For a New Age
Edited by Bryan Thomas Schmidt
A collection of best of stories from Ray Gun Revival’s multi-year run combined with new stories from headliners.
Ray Gun Revival is all about space opera and golden age science fiction. A Kickstarter will be running in January and February 2013 to help fund this project. It will be published November 2013 by Every Day Publishing with a launch at OryCon in Portland, Oregon.
Along with classic Raygun Revival reprints, we’ll have new stories from the following headliners: Dean Wesley Smith, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Sarah A. Hoyt, Robin Wayne Bailey, Brenda Cooper and Allen Steele.
We’ll also have new stories from up and comers Peter J. Wacks and Keanan Brand along with reprints from headliners Mike Resnick and A.C. Crispin, a story which has never appeared in short form before.
Expected Reprint contents are as follows (depending on space):
[Table of Contents Order To Be Determined]
* Mike Resnick – Catastrophe Baker & The Ship Who Purred
* A.C. Crispin – STARBRIDGE: Twlight World
* Milo James Fowler – Captain Quasar & The Insurmountable Barrier of Space Junk
* Michael S. Roberts – Sword of Saladin
* Michael Merriam – Nor To The Strong
* TM Hunter – Ever Dark, An Aston West Tale
* Robert Mancebo – Slavers of Ruhn
* Alice M. Roelke – The Last, Full Measure
* Lou Antonelli – The Silver Dollar Saucer
* Paula R. Stiles – Spider On A Sidewalk (Writer’s Of The Future Winner)
* Jenny Schwartz – Can Giraffes Change Their Spots?
* A.M. Stickel – To The Shores Of Triple, Lee!
* Shaun Farrell – Conversion
* Jennifer Campbell-Hicks – Malfunction
Captivating mystery and original idea. Would make a great movie. ....finished it at 2 am, in a single sitting. Exciting, funny, charming; ...