Upcoming Short Story Publications
Monday, August 06, 2012
Close, but no cigar
Yesterday was noteworthy because I got two of them.
One said "Yours is one of only a select few stories that made it to the final round of our decision-making process. Unfortunately we do not have room for your story in our upcoming issue. All the editors at (redacted) enjoyed your story and we encourage you to try us again."
The other said, "We have decided to pass on your story. We apologize for the delay in our response. Your story made it into our final round of reading." The editor then went on to solicit a submission for a related publication. adding they would be "excited" if I submitted something there.
Well, if I was a real pro - meaning I lived off my genre writing - I might be concerned. As it is, I'm a casual writer, with a regular full-time job, and I really don't spend a lot of time at the genre writing. It's hard to believe I've had 67 stories published in the past nine years, because honestly, I write very sporadically. For example, I think my production during the past two months is probably less than 4,000 words. So I am flattered by these responses. Since my regular job is as a writer (journalist), I still write every day, so I don't have a problem with getting rusty.
Posted by Lou Antonelli at 8:19 AM
Lou Antonelli fiction archived online
- "Double Exposure" - Daily Science Fiction
- "Great White Ship" - Daily Science Fiction
- "The Centurion and the Rainman" - Buzzy Mag
- "The Goddess of Bleecker Street" - Kalkion
- "Irredenta" - World SF Blog
- "Ghost Writer" - Flashes in the Dark
- "Avatar" - Darker Matter
- "Black Hats and Blackberrys" Bewildering Stories
- "Pen Pal" - Revolution SF
- "I Got You" - Bewildering Stories
- "Big Girl" - Ultraverse
- "S.P.P.A.M." - Bewildering Stories
- "Silence is Golden" - Revolution SF
- "Fermi's Fraternity" - Planetary Stories
- "The Rocket-Powered Cat" - Revolution SF
- "Video Killed the Radio Star" - Apehelion
- "Silvern" - Revolution SF
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Missions Unknown
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Jayme Blaschke's Gibberish
- "Texas & Other Planets" - Amazon
- "Dispatches from The Troubles" - SF Revu
- "Dispatches from The Troubles" - SF Site
- "Fantastic Texas" - Serial Distractions
- "Fantastic Texas" - Tangent Online
- "Professor Malakoff's Amazing Ethereal Telegraph" - Tangent online
- "The Witch of Waxahachie' - April 2008 - SF Signal
- "The Witch of Waxahachie" - April 2008 - Spiral Galaxy
Science Fiction Web Resources
Science Fiction online e-zines
- Rejoining Mensa
- "Hearts Made of Stone" again
- "Hearts Made of Stone"
- "The Way of the Heretic"
- Second great review in two days
- An appreciation for "Great White Ship"
- Review for Science Fiction Trails No. 8
- "The Shining Crescent"
- The arrival of the green
- Latest story
- Latest acceptance
- Some stats
- Science Fiction Trails double-play
- The Society for the Advancement of Speculative Sto...
- Close, but no cigar
- No way to treat a lady
- Eat more chikin'
- ▼ August (17)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (184)
- ► 2009 (190)
- ► 2008 (150)
- ► 2007 (77)
- ► 2006 (100)
- ► 2005 (131)
The content of this web site is subject to the following creative commons license: Click here for the fine print