Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A fan letter to Ray


Over six years ago, when I was still pretty wet behind the ears in this speculative writing stuff, on a whim I dashed off a hand-written fan letter to Ray Bradbury. It was pretty goofy stuff, but he was kind enough to send me this nice letter back:

---
Here is the text:

April 20, 2006

RAY BRADBURY ENTERPRISES / A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION
10265 Cheviot Drive • Los Angeles, California 90064

Dear Lou Antonelli:

Thank you for your good letter and kind words. I wish I could respond in length, but as you might guess, I get one heck of a lot of letters every week.

The bottom line is that I deeply appreciate your affection and I wish you well with your own career over the months and years.

Good luck and best wishes,

(signed) Ray Bradbury

---

Good-bye, Ray. You were an inspiration, a role model, and a wonderful example to all writers

1 comment:

  1. Rest in peace, will miss him so much!

    ReplyDelete

Lost in transatlantic translation

You probably know that the idea that Mars was inhabited came from the observations of the Italian astronomer Giovanni Schiapparelli in 1877....