Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where were you when the lights went out?

I've been sending out letters to local Friends of the Library groups asking if they would have me for a guest speaker or host a book signing. It seems to be a good way to promote my books during the summer. I don't plan to spend any time in book stores until after Labor Day.

I have made up a letterhead with my book covers in Microsoft Word. I have been running it off and they typing up the letters on my Smith-Corona portable typewriter.

Last night here in Mount Pleasant a transformer blew out due to the power demand, and - at least at my house - we were without power for a little over two hours. I just carried the typewriter out to a table on the patio and banged out a couple of letters there.

I also wrote a letter to Howard Waldrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...