Monday, February 14, 2011

Hither and yon

Got my first acceptance of the year, Bewildering Stories will be running "Black Hats and Blackberrys" in about a month. It's a flash, a little bit of whimsical alternate history fantasy. Editor Don Webb said "I imagine some may consider it a 'revenge fantasy in a number of ways, but I say if it is, it's done exactly the way it oughta be." I'm proud I managed to work a piece of business from "Blazing Saddles" into it, Webb said the ending "is falling-down funny."
I've had a number of stories run in BWS over the years; "SPPAM" and "I Got You" have been reprinted in "Texas & Other Planets", and "I Got You" was a Year's Best HM in 2005.

ConDFW has added its schedule of readings and signings. I did not ask for a signing; I've come to the conclusion they're a waste of time for lesser authors such as myself. My reading will be in the 1-2 p.m. hour slot on Sunday.

Finished up "Tell Gilgamesh I'm Sorry" and read it to Patricia tonight. She liked it and got it, a good sign because she's not a s-f or fantasy fan. I should finish it up in a day or two.
Completed first rough draft of "Garden of Wonder". I may read it at ConDFW if I think it's ready; otherwise I will read "Gilgamesh".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...