Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Putting in a good word

Friday, when I arrived for ApolloCon, I drove up the service road to a shopping mall in Humble, where there is a Chinese/Japanese restaurant, Asian City. I like Chinese food, but the Chinese restaurants in my small home town are rather crude. I was looking forward to a good Chinese meal.

I wasn't disappointed. I ordered General Tso's Chicken, and it was perfect - as good as any I had years ago when I lived in New York City and ate in Chinatown. It was the best Chinese meal I've had since I moved to Texas in 1985. I was in heaven.

Strange aside about the Con - all the chairs in the function rooms were upholstered in purple (or maybe lavender), which in addition to being ugly, is a color I detest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...