Tuesday, June 08, 2010

MythCon




I will be panelist on Sunday, July 11, at Mythcon 41 in Dallas. The annual event, hosted by the Mythopoetic Society, will be held at the Crowne Plaza Suites in Dallas.


Mythcon 41 has a theme of "War in Heaven" and runs July 9-12. I previously scheduled a book signing at the Hastings in Tyler for Saturday, July 10, but when contacted by the Mythcon programming I said I was willing to help out otherwise.


My two panels will be on the subjects of to what extent, fantasy and science-fiction are just social commentary in disguise, and how realistic should fantasy be?


This will be the first time I have attended this event, it should be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...