Thursday, May 06, 2010

Various updates

I dropped an email to John DeNardo at SF Signal about my post and he included a link to us today on his web site, which I must admit is one of the most comprehensive s-f sites around, and the first one I usually visit every day. I thought other people needed to read about Don Gaines and his devotion to Asimov's.

Over at Tor.com, it seems they admitted they ran into the same problem that Baen's Universe did in 2006 when it opened up with a nice fat pay rate and then got hammered with a gazillion submissions. Tor has brought another editor on board to deal with the leaning Tower of Slush. After over a year of silence, I finally got word today that they indeed have the story written by Brad Sinor and myself.

We'll see what happens. In light of the fact that my story "The Witch of Waxahachie" was the only story to claw its was out of the infamous backlog at Baens past both Mike Resnick and Eric Flint, I remain optimistic.

Speaking of "Witch", it has been been turned into a novel, clocked in at 92,000 words. I am doing some tweaks this week in anticipation of getting it to an agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...