Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today is Spring

Texas has many natural advantages; weather is not one of them. I guess being sub-tropical causes its weather to trend towards extremes. Spring and fall are barely noticeable. You essentially swing from too hot to too cold and back again. The transitions are accompanied to tornadoes and hailstorms.

Today it's 70 degrees, fahrenheit: The perfect spring temperature. So I guess today is spring. I doubt we'll see this again this year. You only get one day of spring in Texas. Tomorrow it will probably be 99 degrees.

Looking forward to SoonerCon in three weeks. A quick romp through Mapquest revealed that Oklahoma City is 36 miles closer to me than Austin (280 vs. 316). ArmadilloCon in August will be my next convention. Fencon in Dallas is only 120 miles away. Tulsa is only 230 miles, which is why I liked going to Conestoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...