Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dispatches from The Troubles

Up to 8,000 words on the story. This will be coming in at novellette or even possibly novella length. I have some crucial alt hist issues to decide as we careen towards a conclusion.

GVG returned "Rock and Roll's Daughter'. I made some changes - completely changing where the story began - losing over 200 words in the process and, I think, helping the pacing a bit. I sent it off the Sheila today. I'm not sure that she'd want an AH tale, but on the other hand, it's her call. She already has a YA story of mine in her slush pile.

Looking over the revised version of "Rock and Roll's Daughter", my impression was I did all the right tweaks. It may be a very good stab at a sequel to "The Witch of Waxahachie".

I promised Brad Sinor I'd get back to a near future memory regression story we've kinda cooked up, with the working title of "Blue Tango". I'd says its about halfway done. I will get back to it after "Dispatches from the Troubles" is finished.

Won't have time to write this evening, I have to attend a local Chamber of Commerce banquet.

"Hemingway, after all you are 90% Rotarian."
"Can't you make it 80%."
"No. I can't."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...