Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm tired

As is so often the case, when you need luck, you don't get it. In my current job, I seldom have to work nights, but a conflict between two meetings required me to work until 8:30 p.m. last night. I didn't get into Dallas until 11:30 p.m. I was up at 6:30 to make sure I could get through Dallas traffic. Thankfully, I had no problems getting to the hotel in North Dallas in time for the 9 a.m. cattle call.

The process consisted on a 50-question written test, a mock playing of the game, and a chatty interview afterwards. I guess I probably got 45-47 of the questions correct. There's a few I know I got wrong. I pulled up completely blank with one, and I simply wrote "I have no damn idea".

Unfortunately with my carpal tunnel syndrome it's hard for me to work the buzzer. I'm proud I did as well in the live round as I did - but I was the only person there who dropped the buzzer.

Myself and the other people who were there today will be a part of 1,000 person pool from which the Jeopardy contestants will be drawn from for an 18-month period. The game will probably need 400 people to go on the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...