Thursday, October 19, 2006

YA prospects

The most recent issue of Ansible mentioned that a YA anthology is being planned in the UK for next year. The item included the email for the editor, Emil Fortune, so I queried about sending him "The Honor of the Blue Devil Patrol". He said he's be happy to take a look at it.

I dropped "Like Mother" in the mail today to Sheila Williams at Asimov's. I'm caught up on subbing existing stories, so next I need to finish up the most recent Antonelli/Morris collaboration, called "Stairway to Heaven". I need to pull it into a manuscript. I'll probably send this one to Sheila, too.

I have some other stories that need rewrites - one of the editors at Leading Edge said he'd be willing to look at "Dry Falls" after a rewrite, and of course, "Site Unseen" (the story I took to the last Turkey City) needs some fairly simple tweaking to make it a lot more explicable.

There's a health fair tonight at a local school. I'm going to plunk down $15 and get a flu shot. I've never gotten a flu shot - that I can remember - but since I'm almost 50, I think I probably need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...