Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Not a whole lotta shaking going on

At least on the s-f front. I had to work hard to meet a May 15th anthology deadline, and then right around to meet some deadlines on my real job. Haven't done a heck of a lot of writing.

Part of my time has been tied up dealing with a bizarre health problem, also. A couple of months ago I twisted my knee is a very strange manner. I was wearing flannel jammies and somehow the left pant leg bunched up and collected up around my knee so tightly that my knee was injured. I couldn't believe it, but I remember when I went to AggieCon (around March 18, I believe) my knee "popped" every time I took a step.

The injury slowly subsided, but then was re-aggravated the first weekend in May when I flew in a cramped airliner to the East Coast for a family gathering. The combination of the two flights on two consecutive day plus the three hour drive each way to the airport (it took us longer to drive to the airport than to fly to our destination) left my leg in bad shape and I was on the verge of not being able to walk. The week following the trip I had to sleep on the coach so I could let my foot dangle; my leg was so stiff I couldn't bend my foot to lay it flat in bed.

A steady regimen of creams, bandages and hot baths slowly brought things around, but I will be careful about the leg for some time. Ultimately, the leg was gimped up decades ago in a childhood injury, but the strange accident with the pajamas brought everything back.

Needless to say, I don't sleep in those pajamas any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...