Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Farewell to the Little Blonde

Well, I was in Dallas at ConDFW Saturday and Sunday. I was on two panels Saturday; one at 10 a.m. on "Escape from the Slush Pile Part Two: Periodicals"; the other at 2 p.m. on "World Wide Writing: Using the Internet to Further Your Career". I was the moderator for the first panel; that's the second time I've chaired one.
Got a nice eboboo when I visited the literature table and noticed the posters for SoonerCon. I am one of the guests they listed. That's the first time I've been on a flyer.
Picked up lots of good info -especially about the upcoming WorldCon in LA, as well as future WorldCon bids.
Weekend ended on a down note, though. Late Sunday, as the wife and I were getting ready to go to bed, we sent our 13-year old Golden Cocker Spaniel outside. When she didn't bark to be let back in, I went outside to look for her.
She had gone over to her favorite spot in the yard to nap - which wasn't so unusual, since she has been known to want to sleep outside at night when it was warm.
But it wasn't particularly warm that night, and when I nudged her, I realized she had taken the Big Snooze.
Bless her little furry blonde heart, she must have felt it coming on, and went down to her favorite spot to "sleep".
We should have such a quick end. She went out like a classy lady.
We've gone from two dogs to none in a month in a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...