Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A nice exchange

Got a rejection from Lenox Ave. today. But it was rather pretty nice, and I replied to it:

Dear Lou Antonelli:

Thank you for submitting "Insight" to LENOX AVENUE. It was well received here,
but after some thought we have decided not to accept it for publication. I love
the core idea behind this story, but the rest of the story is undeveloped, and
the prose is sometimes flawed.

I hope you'll consider us again, and I wish you the best success in placing this
story elsewhere.

Best regards,

John Schoffstall

John -

Thanks for the kind comments. "Insight" was the very first story I ever wrote back in 2002, and it shows. I'm actually quite impressed you thought so well of it, considerring it was my very first story ever submitted. I still haven't given up on it!

I'll see what I have sitting in the drawer!

Lou Antonelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...