Thursday, September 15, 2005

Swapping Tales, writing new ones

Ellen returned "Twilight on the Finger Lakes" - said it was 'intriguing' but didn't bite. I sent her "The League of Dead Nations" and sent "Twilight" to Strange Horizons (at least I think I did - I haven't got an auto-reply. Hmmm).

"Twilight" was forwarded; it still had the old address on it. Considering Ellen's letter was dated Sept. 5 and I got it on Sept. 14 - that's not too bad for a forwarded large envelope.

Did some major work on "The Witch of Waxahachie" last night. Between the new writing and the trimming, it didn't grow in length. I'm wondering whether it will come in as a short story, i.e. 7,000 words or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...