Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Getting ready for GalaxyFest

Since I have committed to participate in GalaxyFest, and it's a relatively long trek to Colorado Springs, I feel I should make some hay from the excursion. A celebrity guest, Claudia Christian, is touting her book that was released last fall, "Hollywood Babylon", which details her battle with and recovery from alcoholism.

I'm going to double dip,as it were, and also get something useful for my newspaper. I contacted the publisher, Ben Bella Books in Dallas, and asked for a review copy and interview. I figure I can get a nice story for the Lifestyles section of a weekend paper to be published later in February.

They are sending a review copy, so I will have plenty of time to read it before the convention, and later in the month we will get back in touch - hopefully after I get my schedule of panels - and set up an interview time with Christian.

Also, like so many other conventions, GalaxyFest produces a souvenir book. In their case, proceed will help go to support the Colorado Literary Foundation. I emailed off a flash-length story over the weekend, "Ladybug, Ladybug", for inclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever happened to that old Sunbelt?

By LOU ANTONELLI Managing Editor It’s rained almost daily for the past four months. The ground is saturated; walking across grass is lik...